Nov 26, 2008

Jetlag and Homesickness

I miss the Chi-ire. My flight in was uneventful. I drank lots and lots of Champagne and I did the NYT crossword and the one in USA Today. Then I watched two movies and slept. England is damp and ugly...seriously not aesthetically pleasing at all. I am realising how very American I have become...very profound moment to realise that the very American exceptionalism you criticise when in America is what you practise when out.

It's good to see my friend. She has two boys now one is 3 and the other 4mos. Very cute boys but ALOT of work. I don't how (or why) she does it. She and her hubby have been so gracious. Not much to say except "I am getting very sleepy, very sleepy....." Jetlag is a Bastard!

2 comments:

Sabz said...

you love amreeeekaaa!!!

rachel s said...

My undereducated American arse is wondering what is meant by this word: exceptionalism. And could you please ask the Brits how they celebrate Thanksgiving...and 4th of July.